Thursday, March 15, 2007

Today's learning point

I went for a workshop today. About the use of blogs, podcasts, web tools in teaching. I am determined to try all these tools while I am still inspired by the workshop. Will try to use it for my personal matters before embarking on the use of these in class with the students. My students are not even sending me emails how can I convince them to take part in blogs or wikis? I'll start with myself and keep on exploring later on. Maybe I have to give credit to our good trainer Mr Chris Smith for inspiring us (at least I was inspired) to try out new generation of tools. Well if these are actually old, it explains how updated I am with technology. At least I am able to publish this blog.

Today is also a day when I took the public bus service. I had a nice sleep during the journey. That is so relaxing but still left me with a splitting headache. I slept for an hour when I arrived home and was late for tuition. That was unprofessional of me. Luckily there was a good plan B in place (something that happened by chance anyway) so not much time was wasted.

After tuition was the chit chat session with my two good frens, Hamza and Erhan. Omer was not there tonight. He must have come home rather late to come and join. But I had met Omer for lunch in the afternoon already. Topic of discussion: Biodiesel...??? and reminiscing the good old school and childhood days. I will not divulge details of the conversation although nothing said was so personal.

The car alarm also gave a bit of problem tonight but hopefully it's an isolated event. It's OK already now.

OK, I'm off to try out web 2.0. Till next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.